FUN FACTS ABOUT LIMOS
1. The limousine was named in honor of the historic province of Limousin in France and, therefore, is a toponym, meaning it is a word derived from the name of a place.
2. The first stretch limousine was built in 1928 in Arkansas, a southern region of the United States.
3. Limousine refers to the characteristics of the car rather than the brand. These characteristics include an extended body and partition between the driver and passenger compartments.
4. Modern limousines come in designs like limo buses, motor vans, motor coaches or stretch SUVs.
5. SUV limousines are only available in two sizes – the 140-inch, carrying 14 passengers and the 200-inch, carrying up to a whopping 24 passengers.
6. Safety regulations set in the nineties required SUV limousines not to be longer than 120 inches, meaning there was only capacity for 10 passengers
7. When the limo was first introduced, famous big bands used limousines to transport band equipment and became known as big band buses.
8. The differences between a stretch limousine and a super-stretch depend on the capacity of the passengers it holds. Typically a stretch holds up to 10 passengers, while a super-stretch holds up to 20.
9. The longest car in the world, although not street legal, is fully equipped with luxuries including Jacuzzi, swimming pool and diving board, sun deck, helipad, king size bed and satellite dish.
10. The SUV limo was produced to satisfy needs of clients, introducing a whole new set of amenities and luxury and was manufactured by GM and Ford.
11. The most popular SUV limo hire model, used for weddings, prom and nights out, is the Lincoln Navigator.
For More Info About This Industry Follow The Link Below.